I’ve got to be honest with you guys here: I just absolutely demolished a plate of ribs. In light of that revelation, maybe I shouldn’t have just posted a picture of these kale chips on Instagram with the hashtag “meatlessmonday”…
Oh well, we can’t all be perfect, can we?
Even so, I do believe we should strive – whenever possible – to be just that little bit closer to perfection. For me, that’s meant learning how to eat my greens more consistently, and these Parmesan Kale Chips definitely help with that goal. By no means did I think I would enjoy kale chips when I first considered trying them, but I was rewarded quite generously for my adventurousness.
Seriously, if you haven’t tried kale chips, you owe it to yourself to try them at least once. When done right (cooked until crispy, but not burnt), they taste both delicious and (somewhat) healthy. Obviously adding oil and parmesan to your greens isn’t something you’ll always want to do, but as they say, “everything in moderation”, right?
Anyways, be sure to check out the recipe, inspired by Eye Candy Popper. She encouraged me to try these crispy bites of green goodness. Not only am I glad that I did, but I highly recommend that you do as well.
Parmesan Kale Chips
- 6 kale leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- a dash of sea salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. Remove the leaves from the stems (which you can discard, or save for something else) and tear or cut the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small prep bowl, combine together the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Throw the kale in a salad bowl and toss in the parmesan/oil mixture. Mix until all the leaves are coated well (I get in there with clean hands and quickly massage the oil in, which is an option).
- Spread out the kale on a thick baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Toss in an oven preheated to 300°F and bake for 20-30 minutes. Check once or twice between the 20 and 30 minute marks and remove from the oven once they are nice and crisp, careful to not allow them to cook too long, as they can burn.
- Remove and enjoy immediately.
Serves 2 as a snack